Wednesday 10 October 2007

In every war there are casualties!

So I had fought back & was experiencing a strange mixture of feelings, elation at standing up for myself, trepidation for what I may have started & down right fear......at the thought I might have made them angry!! I had hit below the belt, (mainly because I was so out numbered in the park), but this was no excuse! I was no better than one of those kids at school who, because they were not big enough to stand up to kids their age, decided to take their anger out on the smallest, scrawniest kid in the play ground. Now, I know how this feels as I was said scrawny kid when I was at school, I frequently was subjected to the 'atomic wedgie from hell', or given several dead arms at lunch, or (& this seemed to be their favourite & kept for when I answered back) they would just put me inside one of those giant silver dustbins you find in school yards. Due to my size I was unable to climb out & the wedgie I had already received would ensure my legs did not work the way they should! Ahh school.....good days!!
I knew that depravity of what I had done had not gone unnoticed by the evil little critters & so waited for them to make their move!

In every war there are casualties on both sides, this is inevitable but there are also a number of innocent's that get caught up in the cross fire & it is these poor bystanders that make wars even more atrocious than they already are! I admit I had bought my brother into the fray & he did not even realise he was now a 'player' in my daily chess battle, but had he know, I like to think he would have been there standing side by side with me fighting for our freedom. This is, after all what families are meant to do, no matter what, through thick & thin they stick together, for if we didn't have family were would we be? I am lucky, in that I have a number of best friends (you know who you are), who stick by me when I'm talking absolute piffle in the pub on a Friday evening or when I'm just a miserable old git at work, they lend an ear when I need it & a hand when I fall over! I think of them as part of my family but, despite this, I don't think it is fair to bring these saints into my petty battles when they have nothing to do with our problems! This is exactly what happened next with one of my best friends who I will refer to as merely 'Welsh'! Here is her story,.....she is played by an actress to protect her!

"So I was back in training for the new rugby season & so was trying to run home from work as often as possible. Its not a bad run, along the river to Putney Bridge & then back towards home, & on a bright sunny day with the sun beating down on me I look forward to the fresh air! This particular day it had been sunny all day & looked like carrying on into the evening. After work some of us had decided we would go for a coffee as we are partial to doing every now & again. We had a bit of playful banter & 'Scooter Boy' recounted some of his recent escapades, we finished our respective beverages & headed off for home. I left the group & started my usual run home, heading down to the river then turning to run along it to Putney. I was about 10 mins into it when out of nowhere a small furry thing flew at me from a tree above, I just about managed to duck before it hit me in the face! As this had thrown me off balance I had made a kind of stumble along the pavement like Phoebe from friends. I looked around to see if anyone had seen & could not see anyone so I thought I had got away with it, then, from behind me I heard a cough & the most gorgeous, perfect specimen of a man ran past me. Bollocks, I thought, he was lovely!!"

Because of her ordeal, Welsh has not run that route again! She is still reeling that she was made to look a fool of in front of such an amazing Adonis who she could have slyly ran along side & started a conversation, had she not been viciously attacked by a hairy assassin! She was an innocent bystander who did not deserve this traumatic experience & all I can say is sorry to her for bringing this upon her! I opened a can of worms by attacking the families of these satanic vermin & this I feel is the reason Welsh was attacked! I never meant for her to bought into my arguments & will stop at nothing to avenge her!

So if your reading this squirrel, you may think that this latest attack will dishearten me, to make me think twice about fighting back in the future, to even make me scared of you,....but you would be wrong! This has not only fired me up even more to fight back for my freedom but has also bought another player onto the battle field, one who is a formidable foe, one who knows no fear & thrives on confrontation & together we will be victorious!!

No comments: